The Esnagami River, which forms part of the Albany River watershed, is noted for its Trophy Brook Trout and excellent Walleye fishing, as well as good Northern Pike fishing. To better take advantage of this superb fishery, we are excited to offer our guests the opportunity to stay at our new Esnagami River Outpost/River Camp, located on this scenic river approximately 25 miles from the lodge.
Fly fishing enthusiasts will enjoy angling for Brook Trout and Walleye from our well equipped boats and Scott Freighter Canoes, or by wading the seemingly endless number of runs, pools and riffles.
Ideal for groups of 2 to 4 guests, the camp consists of 2 rustic, yet comfortable and bug-proof, cabins. The bunk cabin will comfortably sleep 4, and the cook cabin sleeps 2. Both have wood stoves for heating. A gravity-fed water system supplies water both to the cook cabin, and the enclosed, heated outdoor shower.
Esnagami River Camp package includes:
- Round-trip floatplane service.
- Cook cabin with propane fridge and stove/oven, pots, pans, plates, cups, utensils, cutlery and coffee percolator
- Propane BBQ
- Foam mattress pads (bunk cabin)
- 2 boats/canoes powered by reliable 9.9 HP Mercury outboard motors
- All fuel needed during your stay
- Landing nets and life jackets
- Satellite phone in case of emergency
To make the most of your Esnagami River experience, we recommend booking one of our experienced river guides*. 2018 rate is $380.00 per day, based on 2 guests.
*To ensure availability, we strongly encourage you to book your guide when making your reservation.
Overnight River Trips:
Guided trips with an overnight stay at the River Camp are also available. This option allows you to travel further down the Esnagami River fishing for Brook Trout and Walleye.
2019 River Camp Rates
- 3 day ($785.00 + tax) per person
- 4 day ($875.00 + tax) per person
- 7 day ($1085.00 + tax) per person
A deposit of $350.00 per person is required to secure your reservation. Please note that this deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE.